The Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Ramón y Cajal University Hospital (FIBioHRC) was formally constituted in 2003, authorised by the Regional Government of the Community of Madrid through the Decree 187/2003 of 24 July, within the framework of Law 1/1998 of the 2nd of March, of the Foundations of the Community of Madrid.
The FIBioHRC aims to manage clinical research programs and projects, and other related activities in the field of Biomedicine. Our aim is to contribute to the promotion and protection of health of the population and to the progress and improvement of the Health System of the Community of Madrid. It is regulated by article 2 of Law 12/2001 of the 21st of December of Sanitary Regulation of the Community of Madrid.
For the fulfilment of its foundational purposes, as set out in its statutes, the FIBioHRC performs the following activities, exclusively in relation to the Ramón y Cajal University Hospital:
- Promote and coordinate the implementation and development of scientific research programmes applied to Biomedicine and Health Sciences.
- Facilitate research and training of research staff in collaboration with the University of Alcalá de Henares and with other public and private Institutions that focus their activities in this field.
- Project the progress of research, information and experience to society and the healthcare environment.
- Promote the optimal use of resources at the service of research, ensuring its effectiveness, efficiency and quality.
- The development of research and knowledge management, inspired by the principle of legality, ethical principles and professional deontology.
- Facilitate the financing and management of research processes.
- Anything else that is related to the aforementioned, which is agreed upon by the Foundation's Board and, in a general way, carry out all actions that are conducive to the best achievement of its purposes.
As set forth by the Agreement establishing the Ramón y Cajal Institute for Health Research (IRYCIS), of December 15th, 2009, the FIBioHRC constitutes the technical and administrative support of the Institute and the structure in charge of integral management of research of IRYCIS.
The Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Ramón y Cajal University Hospital is registered in the Register of Foundations of the Community of Madrid, Personal Sheet 367, Volume LXVI, folio 101 and ss. C.I.F .:G83726984.
Main building of the Ramón y Cajal University Hospital
-2nd Floor - right
Ctra. Colmenar Viejo km 9,100
28034 - Madrid
Telf: +34 91 336 8147