RESEARCH GRANTS 2024
Through this call, research grants will be awarded that aim to stimulate research in travel medicine by providing support for pilot studies that allow researchers to collect data or test hypotheses for future larger projects.
The 2023-2024 Research Awards will be available in three main categories:
- General travel medicine projects.
- Projects by investigators in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- Projects by new investigators; (< 5 years practicing travel medicine or longer travel medicine practice with no prior research funding).
Award requirements include:
- Research must be travel medicine or immigrant/refugee health oriented.
- Project proposal must be scientifically sound and must be in accordance with international ethical guidelines.
- IRB approval is to be secured within 6 months of notice of award.
- There must be no conflicts of interest for any of the investigators who apply for research funding.
- Grant applicants must be ISTM members in good standing.
- Projects should be able to be realistically completed using ISTM grant funding alone.
- Studies are to begin within 1 year of notice of award.
- A progress report will be sent to the ISTM Research and Awards Committee every year with a final report submitted at the conclusion of the project.
- A research paper must be submitted to initially to the Journal of Travel Medicine within one year of completion of the project, it does not guarantee acceptance of the paper.
All research award proposals must be in the ISTM secretariat offices at Awards(ELIMINAR)@ISTM.org.