Characterization of synaptic plasticity *
Characterization of the effect caused by genetic modifications or pharmacological treatments on the synaptic transmission mediated by glutamate, which is a neurotransmitter of most excitatory synapses in the Central Nervous System.
Control and experimental groups (at least 10 animals per group) will be characterized by all or some of the following parameters, depending on the type of alteration that the animals present:
- Stimulus-response curves
- Pulse pair facilitation
- Early phase of the LTP (E-LTP). Induction with a series of stimulus at 100 Hz, 1 s (HFS)
- Delayed Phase of the LTP (L-LTP). Induction with three HFS series separated by 10 min or with 10 series of 4 pulses at 100 Hz separated by 200 ms (TBS).
- LTD caused by simple pulses or with the application of an agonist of metabotropic glutamate receptors.
- Preparation of a report with the results of the study.
* The basic service does not include more than 10 study-control pairs. Once the basic characterization is finished, the UCA-CPS can continue to explore the specific details of the research, if it is of interest to the requesting team and as long as there are no studies on the waiting list.
** The estimated execution time of the basic characterization is 2 months